Search This Blog

Monday 21 December 2009

Poetry

I was just working quite innocently today, when suddenly a poetry rush came, so now I'm all dreamy and stuff... wasting time... so I thought that I'd update this lovely little blog of mine:)

tonight I'm going to 'Mella's' house!!

we are going to start up a poetry club for our own poetry, and others...I can't wait!!
We seem to understand each other, even when we are saying completely different things:)

I've made an official decision; as soon as I get hold of some black, a4, lined, hardback, ringbinder notebooks (I'm not fussy!!) I'm going to organise and copy out my poetry...I will make sure they're as chronological as possible, but they're going to be in different chunks/sections (eg I've recently written quite a few war poems...). Oooh! I can't wait to organise it all - it's so weird, but I feel as if I'm finding something new out about myself everytime I read one of my poems...

Icthus

'The slack hand impoverishes, but the hand of the diligent enriches.'-- Proverbs 10:4

4 comments:

  1. "We seem to understand each other, even when we are saying completely different things :)"

    *wipes away her tears*

    I love you too, schmuffin. ^^

    And I know exactly what you mean: "I manage to keep that aspect of myself - maybe not in myself, but in my notebook."

    It's as Cornelia Funke says (because I'm too original to think up anything myself :D): " "Isn't it odd how much fatter a book gets when you've [used it well]?…as if something was left between the pages every time you read it. Feelings, thoughts, sounds, smells…and then, when you look at the book again many years later, you find yourself there too, a slightly younger self, slightly different, as if the book had preserved you like a pressed flower…both strange and familiar."

    I'm so excited to read your war section. Loike so badly. ^^

    (And if you don't mind, I'd like to quote a bit of one of your poems in my blog next time…)

    ReplyDelete
  2. really?

    I'd be flattered:D

    Wow, that quote is SO true!!

    good choice moity:D

    Do you have that ting where you read a book or listen to a song when you're doing something in particular, or thinking something particular, and then when you go back to that book, every time you remember that particular memory, but forget it again after you've put the book down?

    well...I do:)

    Icthus

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too! It's called cue-dependent forgetting (it's about cognitive psychology - an explanation for our pattern of thinking or remembering, in this case).

    I love it. But sometimes I get the memory back so strongly that I end up just reading the book to remember what I/the-place-I-was-in-previously was like before.

    Well…that's how nostalgic I am…^^

    What would a world without books be like?

    O.o

    ReplyDelete
  4. 'The slack hand impoverishes, but the hand of the diligent enriches.'-- Proverbs 10:4

    Just while I'm popping by (again), I'd just thought I'd comment on how very lassiez faire that is. :)

    ReplyDelete