Search This Blog

Sunday 3 January 2010

Rightho

The new year. 2010. Here it is.

To be honest, I don't feel too different - maybe because I celebrated the turning of the new year at home; in my cozy bed; asleep:)

My two main resolutions (just in case you have an unquenchable desire to know...) are:

* wake up five minutes earlier to have longer to pray after my quiet time in the morning:)
* and to fill my new poetry notebook...

the second will most probably happen in about three or four months, but I think the first is quite a challenge of my self discipline, but we shall see...:)

I wrote the two weirdest poems ever yesterday...or maybe the day before...

one was about the concept of a person being like a machine, and the other was about longing to live on a farm as opposed to in a city with an office job...extremely strange, but hey - I learned something about myself, so why complain? :)

going back to school is such a dreaded experience...routine, early mornings, exams, people...but I am determined to give myself more of a break by being more efficient. My self discipline routine begins tomorrow!

But tonight I'm going to have a bath, which is very rare (not that I don't wash - I just shower!) whilst reading the Invasion of the Rhineland, then get into bed and read Pride and Prejudice:) I'm glad my English work is to read an old friend book, but I really, really, really, unutterably, desperately hope my lovely English teacher and class don't take away the chracters I know and replace them with deep, intricate, misunderstood and sinister characters...if anyone starts to talk about Mr Darcy's deep untold story, or Elizabeth's mysterious backgound or tone of speech, I think I'll either cry or walk out and hit a dustbin. Very hard.

Well, that was slightly dramatic, but I definately will NOT be a happy chappy!

*cough* Well, on that note, I'll leave all those fellow students to anticipate the new year at school as they naturally do...

'At school I never minded the lessons. I just resented having to work terribly hard at playing' - John Mortimer

Icthus

Many have fallen by edge of the sword: but not so many as have fallen by the tongue.' - Ecclesiasticus chapter 28 verse 18

2 comments:

  1. What happened to 'I-don't-make-new-years' resoloutions-They-are-too-hard-to-keep'?
    Hmmmm?
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. *cough*:P

    I didn't say I would be able to keep them necessarily, I just said that they were what I aimed for..at least mine are realistic...

    'FAME'

    I'll say no more:)


    Icthus


    xx

    ReplyDelete